All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUseful as a textbook for students studying motor development and motor behaviour, this work also serves as a reference for motor development, motor behaviour, and early childhood specialists. It describes motor development during the first two years of a child's life, focusing mainly on the crucial first year, during which the greatest changes occur in relation to the entire life span. It integrates information from a variety of disciplines in order to encourage a broader perspective to the understanding of infant motor development. Including the development of voluntary movements such as posture, stability, balance and orientation, manual control of reaching and grasping, and locomotor control of creeping and walking, it looks at motor development difficulties faced by premature infants, who require special assessment and intervention strategies, and examines two specific disabilities: Cerebral Palsy and Down Syndrome.
- Author BiographyJan Piek is an associate professor at the Curtin University of Technology in Perth, Australia. She has over fifteen years of experience in the research of infant motor development.
- Author(s)Jan P. Piek
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2006
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationChampaign
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2006
- ImprintHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Content Note62 black & white illustrations, 59 black & white halftones
- Weight1184 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.