All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.34Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionInfertility Counseling: A Comprehensive Handbook for Clinicians, 2nd edition, is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary textbook for all health professionals providing care for individuals facing reproductive health issues. It is the most thorough and extensive book currently available for clinicians in the field of infertility counseling, providing an exhaustive and comprehensive review of topics. It addresses both the medical and psychological aspects of infertility, reviewing assessment approaches, treatment strategies, counseling for medical conditions impacting fertility, third-party reproduction, alternative family building and post infertility counseling issues. Each chapter follows the same format: introduction, historical overview, literature review, theoretical framework, identification of clinical issues, suggestions for therapeutic interventions, and future implication. This edition also includes extensive appendixes of clinical tools useful to the clinician, including an Internet database of resources and an extensive glossary of termilogy.
- Author BiographySharon N. Covington is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, DC. She is also currently the Director of Psychological Support Services at Shady Grove Fertility Reproductive Science Center in Rockville, Maryland. A psychotherapist for over thirty years, she practises individual, couple and group psychotherapy as well as the highly specialized area of infertility counseling. Linda Hammer Burns is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Minnesota Medical School and the Director of Counseling Services at the Reproductive Medicine Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. She has been a psychologist over twenty years providing individual and couple counseling in women's health psychology with a special focus on reproductive health psychology.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication16/10/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note42 tables
- Weight1850 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byLinda Hammer Burns,Sharon N. Covington
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.