All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfertility affects 1 in 7 couples in the UK and that ratio is expected to rise to 1 in 4 during the next decade. The inability to have a baby understandably causes considerable distress and anxiety for those affected. This book aims to help couples discover what they can do to improve their natural fertility and how to prepare the body for pregnancy to improve the chances of conception, either by natural or medically assisted methods. The book covers possible causes of infertility, natural and alternative remedies, and assisted reproductive techlogies, the most well-kwn being IVF, although there are several others to consider. The advantages and disadvantages of each method are explained and consideration is also given to the costs of such treatment. Pursuing fertility treatment can have life-changing consequences, whether successful or t its important to consider all angles and outcomes before commencing treatment and to take steps to help with the emotional burdens such treatment can bring.
- Author BiographyJane Dean is a nurse, midwife and part-time lecturer at the British College of Osteopathic Medicine. She has many years experience of working within the NHS but is also a qualified Naturopath with experience in alternative therapies that can be used to enhance or assist fertility. Jane believes that if couples can understand natural fertility and how to enhance conception chances, they can regain some control over their bodies to reduce the feelings of frustration and anxiousness when trying for a baby. This could lead on to a natural pregnancy, but if not, then medically assisted infertility treatments can be discussed and investigated.
- Author(s)Jane Dean
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationPeterborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width195 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.