All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfinite Phemelogy builds on John Russon's earlier book, Reading Hegel's Phemelogy, to offer a second reading of Hegel's Phemelogy of Spirit. Here again, Russon writes in a lucid, engaging style and, through careful attention to the text and a subtle attunement to the existential questions that haunt human life, he demonstrates how powerfully Hegel's philosophy can speak to the basic questions of philosophy. In addition to original studies of all the major sections of the Phemelogy, Russon discusses complementary texts by Hegel, namely, the Philosophy of Spirit, the Philosophy of Right, and the Science of Logic. He concludes with an appendix that discusses the reception and appropriation of Hegel's Phemelogy in twentieth-century French philosophy. As with Russon's earlier work, Infinite Phemelogy will remain essential reading for those looking to engage Hegel's essential, yet difficult, text.
- Author BiographyJohn Russon is a professor of philosophy at the University of Guelph in Ontario, Canada. With Patricia Fagan, he edited Reexamining Socrates in the Apology (2009), and with John Sallis, he edited Retracing the Platonic Text (1999), both published by Northwestern University Press.
- Author(s)John Russon
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight825 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.