Infinite Progress: How the Internet and Technology Will End Ignorance, Disease, Poverty, Hunger, and War by Byron Reese (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor years we've been inundated with bleak forecasts about the future. But in this electrifying new book, author Byron Reese debunks the pessimistic outlook as dangerous, and shows instead how techlogy will soon create a dramatically better world for every person on earth, beyond anything we have dared to imagine. With the art of a storyteller, Reese synthesizes history, techlogy, and sociology into an exciting, fast-moving narrative that shows how techlogical change has had dramatic effects on humanity in the past. He then looks forward at the techlogical changes we kw are coming?from genetics, natechlogy, robotics, and many other fields?and explores how they will vastly increase wealth, prolong our lifespans, redefine human rights, and alter the social fabric of the world. Reese explains how the Internet, human ingenuity, and techlogical invation will help us forever end the five historic plagues of human existence: igrance, disease, poverty, hunger, and war. With a rational and researched optimism, Reese sees the future t as a world in a downward spiral, but as destined for progress beyond our imaginations. As Reese looks forward, he tes that we are gaining speed, t winding down. We are blooming, t withering, as we leverage the greatest natural resource on the planet: the human mind. The future of Earth's inhabitants has never been brighter. If you want to get excited about the future, then this is the book for you.
- Author BiographyByron Reese is the founder of several high-tech companies and has obtained or has pending numerous patents in disciplines as varied as crowdsourcing, content creation, and psychographics. Together the websites he has launched have received over a billion visitors, covering a variety of topics including news, reference, and history. Bloomberg Businessweek credits Reese as having quietly pioneered a new breed of media company and the Financial Times describes him as one of the new wave of internet entrepreneurs out to turn the economics of the media industry on its head. Even Business Insider calls him an awesome guy. Reese currently heads up research and development for Demand Media (NYSE: DMD)
- Author(s)Byron Reese
- PublisherGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationAustin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenleaf Book Group LLC
- Weight584 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.