All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchitecture reflects the period of time inwhich it was created. This is true for landmarkbuildings and major public projectsas well as residential and family properties.Yet architecture is also an expressiof an individual s personality, needs, taste, and his or her overall take on life. Differentcountries, cultures, and lifestyles influencethe design of structures and interiorsas much as the local climate and otherregional characteristics do.What does a house need to become ahome? Infinite Space provides answers tothis question that are as varied as the peoplebehind the projects presented on itspages. Singles, couples, and families; clients, architects, and suppliers they allhave their own ideas of what makes a modernhome. While the featured buildingshave a contemporary clarity, lightness, andopenness in common, they differ greatlyin their details. The spectrum of materialsused includes wood, stone, metal, andglass. Colors range from bright to subdued;furnishings from glamorously elaborate totastefully understated. Their unique combinationgives each house its character or, rather, reflects the character of its owners, builders, and residents.A terrace by a lake, a dramatic fireplace, a living room bathed in sunlight adjoiningan open-plan kitchen, a pool amongst palmtrees, a sauna in the forest, a bedroom witha sky view Infinite Space showcases stunningprojects from all around the worldcaptured by rewned architecture andinterior photographer James Silverman onhis travels. In his images of living rooms, bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchens, diningrooms, working areas, children s rooms, and gardens, Silverman explores the interplayof functional and decorative space, aswell as interiors and exteriors.Infinite Space takes a nuanced look at howhouses are constructed today. This bookwill t only inspire professional architectsand interior designers, but it will alsoprompt anyone building or revating ahouse to define their own particular homein more detail little by little, and eachtime slightly differently. Until their dreamhome becomes a reality.
- PublisherDie Gestalten Verlag
- Date of Publication03/03/2016
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintDie Gestalten Verlag
- Weight1769 g
- Width246 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byJames Silverman,R. Klanten
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.