All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProviding high-quality, scholarly research, addressing development, application and implications, in the field of maritime education, maritime safety management, maritime policy sciences, maritime industries, marine environment and energy techlogy. Contents include electronics, astromy, mathematics, cartography, command and control, psychology, operational research, risk analysis, theoretical physics, operation in hostile environments, instrumentation, ergomics, financial planning and law. Further, logistics, transport and mobility are addressed n this volume. The book provides a forum for transportation researchers, engineers, navigators, ergomists, and policy-makers with an interest in maritime researches. Covering scientific, techlogical, political, ecomic, cultural and social aspects of maritime shipping, transportation and navigation, this booh publishes invative, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary research on marine navigation subjects and is set to become the leading international scholarly publication specialising in discussion and debate on maritime subjects. The work is especially concerned to put maritime studies in a broad international and comparative context and is addressed to scientists and professionals in order to share experience, expert kwledge and research results, on all aspects of navigation and sea transportation.
- Author BiographyAdam Weintrit, DSc, PhD, Master Mariner, a Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Navigation (since 2008) and the Head of Navigational Department (since 2003) of Gdynia Maritime University, Poland. He has published more than 250 reports and papers in journals and conference proceedings. He is the author of 18 books on navigation, including 5 handbooks on ECDIS. He is a member of many professional associations, societies, institutes and boards; he is the Fellow of The Royal Institute of Navigation, the Fellow of Nautical Institute; Chairman of the International Navigational Conference TransNav on Marine Navigation and Safety of Sea Transportation organized jointly by the Faculty of Navigation, GMU and the Nautical Institute (http://transnav.am.gdynia.pl).
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication03/06/2015
- SubjectShips & Waterways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byAdam Weintrit,Tomasz Neumann
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.08
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $18.00
- AU $27.28Trending at AU $30.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.