Information Integration with Ontologies: Experiences from an Industrial Showcase by John Wiley and Sons Ltd (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $179.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDisparate information, spread over various sources, in various formats, and with inconsistent semantics is a major obstacle for enterprises to use this information at its full potential. Information grids should allow for the effective access, extraction and linking of dispersed information. Currently Europe's corporations spend over 10 Billion Euro to deal with these problems. This book will demonstrate the applicability of grid techlogies to industry. To this end, it gives a detailed insight on how ontology techlogy can be used to manage dispersed information assets more efficiently. The book is based on experiences from the COG (Corporate Ontology Grid) project, carried out jointly by three leading industrial players and the Digital Enterprise Research Institute Austria.Through comparisons of this project with alternative techlogies and projects, it provides hands-on experience and best practice examples to act as a reference guide for their development. Information Integration with Ontologies: Ontology based Information Integration in an Industrial Setting is ideal for technical experts and computer researchers in the IT-area looking to achieve integration of heterogeneous information and apply ontology techlogies and techniques in practice. It will also be of great benefit to technical decision makers seeking information about ontology techlogies and the scientific audience, interested in achievements towards the application of ontologies in an industrial setting.
- Author BiographyThe book is authored by members of the Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI) headed by Professor Dieter Fensel. Professor Fensel is the scientific director of DERI at the National University of Ireland, Galway, based on a large grant acquired from Science Foundation Ireland (SFI). His current research interests include Ontologies, semantic web, web services, knowledge management, enterprise application integration, and electronic commerce. He is a major scientific player in the area of the semantic web and has authored and co-edited 9 books, and more than 150 publications in journals and conferences. He is associate editor of the Knowledge and Information Systems: An International Journal (KAIS), IEEE Intelligent Systems, the Electronic Transactions on Artificial Intelligence (ETAI), Web Intelligence and Agent Systems (WIAS), Elsevier's Journal on Web Semantics: Science, Services and Agents on the World Wide Web and the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) subline entitled Semantics in Data Management .
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/02/2005
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight524 g
- Width176 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDieter Fensel,Holger Lausen,Jos de Bruijn,Michael Breu,Ruben Lara,Vladimir Alexiev
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.