All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing upon the author's on going research into information literacy, Information Literacy Landscapes explores the nature of the phemen from a socio-cultural perspective, which offers a more holistic approach to understanding information literacy as a catalyst for learning. This perspective emphasizes the dynamic relationship between learner and environment in the construction of kwledge. The approach underlines the importance of contextuality, through which social, cultural and embodied factors influence formal and informal learning. This book contributes to the understanding of information literacy and its role in formal and informal contexts.
- Author BiographyDr Annemaree Lloyd is a senior lecturer at the School of Information Studies, Charles Sturt University, Wagga Wagga, NSW, Australia. Dr Lloyd's research focuses on information literacy in theoretical and applied contexts. Dr Lloyd is particularly interested in workplace information literacy where she has worked with fire fighters and ambulance officers to understand how information literacy manifests as a socio-cultural practice.
- Author(s)Dr. Annemaree Lloyd
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication19/02/2010
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleChandos Information Professional Series
- Place of PublicationOXford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight380 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.