Information Management: Strategies for Gaining a Competitive Advantage with Data by William McKnight (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $48.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $70.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformation Management: Gaining a Competitive Advantage with Data is about making smart decisions to make the most of company information. Expert author William McKnight develops the value proposition for information in the enterprise and succinctly outlines the numerous forms of data storage. Information Management will enlighten you, challenge your preconceived tions, and help activate information in the enterprise. Get the big picture on managing data so that your team can make smart decisions by understanding how everything from workload allocation to data stores fits together. The practical, hands-on guidance in this book includes: part 1: The importance of information management and analytics to business, and how data warehouses are used; part 2: the techlogies and data that advance an organization, and extend data warehouses and related functionality; part 3: Big Data and NoSQL, and how techlogies like Hadoop enable management of new forms of data; and part 4: pulls it all together, while addressing topics of agile development, modern business intelligence, and organizational change management. Read the book cover-to-cover, or keep it within reach for a quick and useful resource. Either way, this book will enable you to master all of the possibilities for data or the broadest view across the enterprise. It balances business and techlogy, with n-product-specific technical detail. It shows how to leverage data to deliver ROI for a business. It is engaging and approachable, with practical advice on the pros and cons of each domain, so that you learn how information fits together into a complete architecture. It provides a path for the data warehouse professional into the new rmal of heterogeneity, including NoSQL solutions.
- Author BiographyWilliam is President of McKnight Consulting Group (www.mcknightcg.com). He is an internationally recognized authority in information management. His consulting work has included many of the Global 2000 and numerous midmarket companies. His teams have won several best practice competitions for their implementations and many of his clients have gone public with their success stories. His strategies form the information management plan for leading companies in various industries. William is a very popular speaker worldwide and a prolific writer with hundreds of articles and white papers published. William is a distinguished entrepreneur, and a former Fortune 50 technology executive and software engineer. He provides clients with strategies, architectures, platform and tool selection, and complete programs to manage information.
- Author(s)William McKnight
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication27/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleThe Savvy Manager's Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan Kaufmann Publishers In
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.