All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides an overview of the nascent field of information pooling and group judgmental accuracy. The contributors to this volume include mathematical psychologists, ecomists, social psychologists, political scientists, and statisticians. The book is organised around five review essays: one on information pooling from the perspective of models of individual judgment (Batchelder), one on information pooling and group judgment (Grofman and Owen), one on group judgment in applied settings (Hastie), and one on organisational design (Radner). Along with the review essays discussant comments are also provided which elaborate on points t covered in the essays. While the focus of these papers is largely theoretical and abstract, the subject of information pooling and optimal group judgment is clearly one of great practical importance and is directly relevant to issues of policy choice and organisational structure.
- PublisherEmerald Group Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/06/1986
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleDecision Making - a Series of Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 2
- Place of PublicationBingley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byBernard Grofman,Guillermo Owen
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.30Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.