All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book begins the task of defining, explaining, arguing for, and, in the end, providing a rationale for information processing. Volume I is concerned with the tion that an information processor is mainly engaged in making inferences. An information processor would prefer to reach definite conclusions by using some form of deduction. Unfortunately, it is often thwarted in this desire by a fundamental lack of relevant information. Probability theory has developed as a rigorous way of dealing with the uncertainty surrounding inference. Thus, we begin by treating some of the formal manipulation rules that crop up in probability theory. To provide some foundational basis for the applications to appear in later Volumes, the topics of Boolean Algebra, Classical Logic, and Cellular Automata will make an appearance here.
- Author(s)David J Blower,Dr David J Blower
- Date of Publication04/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight907 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.