All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe diffusion of the Internet has considerably changed the basic principles of information exchange into a structure that is w enabling user-driven information propagation across most markets that was t possible in the previous era of unidirectional mass communication. This study focuses on the submitters' social networks to explain these new propagation processes. Large datasets from a social news site are used to show that it is the size, structure and activity of such networks that mainly influence whether or t certain content achieves a prominent level. Message and content-related factors seem of only marginal importance - at least until the respective content exceeds a threshold of public attention.
- Author BiographyMark Elsner, business studies (marketing and organisation) and media studies at Mainz and Madrid; executive consultant; research stay at the University of Colorado; PhD at the University of Mainz; PostDoc at the University of Cologne.
- Author(s)Mark Elsner
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication05/04/2012
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleMarketing Im Globalen Wettbewerb - Marketing & Global Competition
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight280 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.