Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionUpdated annually to keep up with the increasingly fast pace of change in the field, the Information Security Management Handbook is the single most comprehensive and up-to-date resource on information security (IS) and assurance. Facilitating the up-to-date understanding required of all IS professionals, the Information Security Management Handbook, Sixth Edition, Volume 5 reflects the latest issues in information security and the CISSP(R) Common Body of Kwledge (CBK(R)). This edition updates the benchmark Volume 1 with a wealth of new information to help IS professionals address the challenges created by complex techlogies and escalating threats to information security. Topics covered include chapters related to access control, physical security, cryptography, application security, operations security, and business continuity and disaster recovery planning. The updated edition of this bestselling reference provides cutting-edge reporting on mobile device security, adaptive threat defense, Web 2.0, virtualization, data leakage, governance, and compliance. Also available in a fully searchable CD-ROM format, it supplies you with the tools and understanding to stay one step ahead of evolving threats and ever-changing standards and regulations.
- Author BiographyHarold F. Tipton is an independent consultant and past president of the International Information System Security Certification Consortium, and has been a director of computer security for Rockwell International Corporation, Seal Beach, California, for about 15 years. He initiated the Rockwell computer and data security program in 1977 and then continued to administer, develop, enhance, and expand the program to accommodate the control needs produced by technological advances until his retirement from Rockwell in 1994. Tipton has been a member of the Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) since 1982. He was the president of the Los Angeles chapter in 1984 and president of the national ISSA organization (1987-1989). He was added to the ISSA Hall of Fame and the ISSA Honor Roll in 2000 and elected an ISSA Distinguished Fellow in 2009. Tipton was a member of the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), the Computer and Telecommunications Security Council, and the National Research Council Secure Systems Study Committee (for the National Academy of Science). He received his bachelor of science in engineering from the United States Naval Academy and his master of arts in personnel administration from George Washington University in Washington, D. C.; he also received his certificate in computer science from the University of California, Irvine, California. He is a Certified Information System Security Professional, an Information Systems Security Architecture Professional, and an Information Systems Security Management Professional. He has published several papers on information security issues for Auerbach Publishers in the Handbook of Information Security Management and Data Security Management, and other publishers, in the Information Security Journal, the National Academy of Sciences' Computers at Risk, DataPro Reports, various Elsevier publications, and the ISSA Journal. He has been a speaker at all the major information security conferences, including the following: Computer Security Institute, the ISSA Annual Working Conference, the Computer Security Workshop, MIS Conferences, AIS Security for Space Operations, DOE Computer Security Conference, National Computer Security Conference, IIA Security Conference, EDPAA, UCCEL Security & Audit Users' Conference, and Industrial Security Awareness Conference. He has conducted/participated in information security seminars for International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium [(ISC)2(R)]; Frost & Sullivan; University of California, Irvine; California State University, Long Beach; System Exchange Seminars; and the Institute for International Research. He participated in the Ernst & Young video, Protecting Information Assets. He is currently serving as the Editor of the Handbook of Information Security Management (Auerbach). He chairs the (ISC)2's CBK committees and QA committee. He received the Computer Security Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award in 1994 and the (ISC)2's Harold F. Tipton Lifetime Achievement Award in 2001. Micki Krause Nozaki, MBA, CISSP, has held positions in the information security profession for the past 20 years. Nozaki was named one of the 25 most influential women in the field of information security by industry peers and Information Security magazine as part of their recognition of Women of Vision in the field of information technology security. She received the Harold F. Tipton Lifetime Achievement Award in recognition of sustained career excellence and outstanding contributions to the profession. She has held several leadership roles in industry-influential groups, including the ISSA and the (ISC)2, and is a passionate advocate for professional security leadership. She is also a reputed speaker, published author, and coeditor of the Information Security Management Handbook series.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAuerbach Publishers Inc.
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight1179 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byHarold F. Tipton,Micki Krause Nozaki
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.