Information Technology and Organizational Learning: Managing Behavioral Change Through Technology and Education by Arthur M. Langer (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $133.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of the groundbreaking first edition, the increasing rate of change in today's business landscape has amplified the value of information techlogy (IT) in driving adaptive responses. Focusing on the critical role IT plays in organizational development, Information Techlogy and Organizational Learning: Managing Behavioral Change through Techlogy and Education shows how to employ action learning to improve the competitiveness of your organization. Defining the current IT problem from an operational and strategic perspective, the book presents a collection of case studies that illustrate key learning issues. It details a dynamic model for effective IT management through adaptive learning techniques-supplying proven educational theories and practices to foster the required changes in your staff. It examines existing organizational learning theories and the historical problems that have occurred with companies that have used them, as well as those that have failed to use them. Here's a sample of what's new in this edition: * A new chapter on Virtual Teams and Outsourcing * Updated case studies that cover teworthy developments since the publication of the previous edition * New material on infrastructure improvements and social networking as an improved method for team building * Up-to-date coverage of virtual mentoring and how to better manage at the micro level across departments and the organization Seamlessly integrating IT and business issues, the text devotes a chapter to case studies-including a comprehensive case study that spans eight years of the author's research. This complete resource also highlights valuable best practices to supply the understanding needed to transform your company into a more competitive and technically proficient organization.
- Author BiographyArthur M. Langer has more than 25 years of experience in managing the strategic development, support, and marketing of software and computer systems. His professional expertise encompasses IT strategy, outsourcing, operations management, feasibility analysis and techniques for developing and marketing systems, management of IT staff, IT cost/benefit analysis, systems selection/migration, Year 2000 implementation, computer downsizing, and software re-engineering of enterprise systems to Client/Server using Object Oriented Methods. Select clients include Prudential Insurance, Corcoran Group, Citibank, Purina Mills, NET/Thirteen, System Software Associates, Global Turnkey Systems, TIAA/Cref, France Telecom, and Buelli and Rasero (Italy's largest insurance agents). In addition to corporate consulting, Dr. Langer presents seminars throughout the world on analysis, design, and software management. Dr. Langer is Chair of Faculty and Curricular Development in the Information Technology Programs of Columbia University's School of Continuing Education and teaches courses in the MBA program of the Graduate School of Business at Columbia. A specialist in issues of distance education, mentoring, and workplace learning, he has more than 15 years of experience in adult higher education. At Columbia, he is responsible for developing overall curricular direction, as well as individual courses, for graduate-level adult education program. He is also responsible for program administration, including faculty hiring and student recruitment. As a researcher, Dr. Langer has authored various papers on information systems design and management. His current research focuses on the mentoring of adult learners and the design of technology-based curricula for corporations and universities. Dr. Langer is also the author of The Art of Analysis (Springer-Verlag, 1997; second edition 1999), used in the United States and abroad by universities and professionals in the industry. Dr. Langer holds a BS in computer science, an MBA in accounting/finance, and a Doctorate of Education from Columbia University.
- Author(s)Arthur M. Langer
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCRC Press
- Content Note59 black & white illustrations, 22 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.89Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.