Information Technology and the Criminal Justice System by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $97.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow has information techlogy changed the way we monitor criminal behavior? How has it changed the way we examine patterns of criminal behavior? How have criminal justice organizations adapted to using information techlogy? What is the future of information in criminal justice? There have been many technical, analytical, legal, and organizational issues related to advances in computer and information techlogy over the past several decades. Given the substantial investments that federal, state, and local criminal justice agencies are making in information techlogy, they w consider it an integral component of understanding how our criminal justice system works. Information Techlogy and the Criminal Justice System suggests that information techlogy in criminal justice will continue to challenge us to think about how we turn information into kwledge, who can use that kwledge, and for what purposes. In this text, editor April Pattavina synthesizes the growing body of research in information techlogy and criminal justice. Contributors examine what has been learned from past experiences, what the current state of IT is in various components of the criminal justice system, and what challenges lie ahead. Key Features Covers a broad array of topics, including IT development and applications in organizations, data quality issues, legal issues, and criminal justice education Spans a variety of criminal justice agencies including courts, police, and corrections Includes contributors rewned in the field of criminal justice information systems Incorporates case studies to enhance students' understanding of real-life situations Information Techlogy and the Criminal Justice System is recommended for upper level undergraduate and graduate level courses in Criminal Justice departments, including Information Techlogy and Criminal Justice; Criminal Justice Data Analysis; Crime Analysis; Techlogy and Criminal Justice; and Techlogy and Society. This book is also an excellent resource for professionals in the field.
- Author BiographyApril Pattavina, PhD is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Criminal Justice at the University of Massachusetts at Lowell. Her interests include the impact of information technology on the criminal justice system and applying spatial analysis techniques to the study of crime. In addition to this book, she has published several journal articles in the area of information technology and geographic information systems in particular. One of her most recent articles is Linking Offender Residence Probability Surfaces to a Specific Incident Location: An Application for Tracking Temporal Shifts in Journey to Crime Relationships and Prioritizing Suspect Lists and Mug Shot Order in (with Richard Gore).forthcoming in Police Quarterly. She is also works extensively with criminal justice agencies. Currently she is principal investigator on a Department of Justice funded grant to integrate criminal justice information related to incidents of domestic violence in a local police department.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication06/01/2005
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byApril Pattavina
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.13New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.