All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe importance of benchmarking in the service sector is well recognized as it helps in continuous improvement in products and work processes. Through benchmarking, companies have strived to implement best practices in order to remain competitive in the product- market in which they operate. However studies on benchmarking, particularly in the software development sector, have neglected using multiple variables and therefore have t been as comprehensive. Information Theory and Best Practices in the IT Industry fills this void by examining benchmarking in the business of software development and studying how it is affected by development process, application type, hardware platforms used, and many other variables. Information Theory and Best Practices in the IT Industry begins by examining practices of benchmarking productivity and critically appraises them. Next the book identifies different variables which affect productivity and variables that affect quality, developing useful equations that explaining their relationships. Finally these equations and findings are applied to case studies. Utilizing this book, practitioners can decide about what emphasis they should attach to different variables in their own companies, while seeking to optimize productivity and defect density.
- Author BiographySanjay Mohapatra received his B.E. from NIT Rourkela, M.Tech from IIT Madras, PGDBM XIMB, India and PhD from Utkal University. Professor Mohapatra has more than 25 years of combined industry and academic experience. He has worked in various capacities in organizations like Hindusthan Aeronautics Limited, Larsen & Toubro, PricewaterHouse, Infosys, Polaris & J&B Software. His teaching interests are in IT Strategy and Management Information Systems and research interests are in the area of IT enabled processes. He has authored/co-authored nine books, several papers in national and international referred journals and conferences.
- Author(s)Sanjay Mohapatra
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication18/02/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note43 black & white tables, biography
- Weight514 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.