All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionLearn how to make the most of your time and tuition. Informed Consent is the indispensable guidebook for anyone considering or studying toward a career in medicine. Achieving a career as a doctor, nurse or any other role associated with the medical profession is a long, costly and demanding process. Informed Consent, written from an insider's perspective, will save anyone embarking on this journey a huge amount of time, money and confusion. With a wealth of practical detail and helpful advice, this is the book you need to read if you plan to work in medicine. Covering everything from fees, funding, training, and certification to specialties and professions, thing you may need to consider is overlooked. Written in an accessible, user-friendly style, and laid out logically and concisely, Informed Consent will answer any questions you may have, and plenty more you hadn't even kwn you needed to ask.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Brown was born in St. Paul, Minnesota in 1983. He spent the first 18 years of his life in the rural Minnesota community of Glenwood where he attended the local public school system. He completed his first two years of college at the University of Minnesota. While living in Minneapolis he worked as a laboratory assistant at Abbot Northwestern Hospital. After his sophomore year he transferred to Tulane University in order to be closer to his girlfriend at the time, who he subsequently married in 2006. While living in New Orleans Ben worked as a nurse's assistant at Touro Infirmary and taught MCAT review courses for the Princeton Review. In 2005 he graduated from Tulane University and moved to Dallas where he attended the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. While in medical school Ben worked with the department of admissions, the office of medical education and served as the student representative on two curriculum committees - experiences which gave him a lot of insight to the U.S. medical education system. During his 4th year of medical school he traveled the country, interviewing at nearly 20 plastic surgery residency programs - an experience that gave him insight into the way residency programs select their residents. In June of 2009 he graduated from medical school, first in his class. Following graduation, Ben and his wife moved to Washington, DC. He is currently completing his postgraduate training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. In 2009, while on a medical mission in Honduras, Ben was afflicted with a one day bout of diarrhea. He spent an entire day sitting in a dark outhouse. He said There wasn't much I could do besides 'think' - and that is where his book Informed Consent was born. Visit www.InformedConsentBook.com to learn more and follow Ben on Twitter.
- Author(s)Benjamin J Brown MD
- Date of Publication21/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.