All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.74Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionInfrastructural Monument presents the proceedings of the first of two conferences organized by MIT's new Center for Advanced Urbanism around the biennial theme of infrastructure. Held in the spring of 2013, the Infrastructural Monument conference gathered designers, developers, policy experts, and scholars to address the potential to leverage infrastructure design beyond the realm of transportation of goods and labor into the realm of culture, public space, architecture, and landscape form. In other words, can infrastructure transcend mere practicality and fulfill a role that is profoundly cultural? Can targeted infrastructure projects transform a city from a collection of fragments to one with a common and cohesive regional identity?
- Author BiographyThe MIT Center for Advanced Urbanism's objective is to become the world's pre-eminent cultural center about the design of metropolitan environments, by articulating methods and projects to integrate separate disciplinary agendas in architecture, landscape ecology, transportation engineering, planning, political philosophy, real estate, and technology, through a most eloquent design culture on scales ranging from the complex infrastructural intersection, to that of a neighborhood, on to the scale of an entire regional system.
- Author(s)Alenxander D'Hooghe,Mit Center for Advanced Urbanism
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Weight408 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.