All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe CompetitionSeventeen-year-old Avery VanDemere's ridiculously wealthy grandmother has decided to leave the family fortune to the relative who proves him or herself worthiest--by solving puzzles and riddles on a whirlwind race around the globe. The ContendersFor Avery, the contest offers a chance to escape. As the black sheep of the VanDemere clan--the illegitimate daughter, sent away to boarding school--she'd love to use that prize money to run away from the family who ostracized her . . . and discover the truth about her long-lost mother.Marshall might be Avery's uncle by blood, but there's love lost between them. He'll do anything to win, even if it means turning on his own children.Riley is the charming son of Grandmother VanDemere's lawyer. As the game progresses, Avery finds herself drawn to him--even though she isn't quite sure she can trust him. The Winner?Treacherous turns in the competition serve as brutal reminders that only one person can win it all. Is Avery willing to risk both her heart and her life to claim the grand prize?
- Author BiographyKate Kae Myers is also the author of The Vanishing Game. She lives with her husband in Boise, Idaho. In the past, she worked as a sign-language interpreter with students of all ages, covering nearly every subject. Now she writes full-time. Visit Kate online at www.katekaemyers.com.
- Author(s)Kate Kae Myers
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Childrens Books
- Weight454 g
- Width150 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.