Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe aims of this volume are to highlight the tremendous pharmacological potential of protein kinase and protein phosphatase inhibitors, to provide a thorough overview of the most remarkable achievements in the field and to illustrate how beneficial these studies can be for the advancement of both basic kwledge on biological regulation and deregulation and for the clinical treatment of a wide spectrum of diseases. This goal is attained by contributions of leader investigators in the field, who address the issue from different angles.
- Author BiographyThe Editor (L.A. Pinna) is full Professor of Medical Chemistry at the University of Padova since 1975. He has been involved for over 30 years in the study of various aspects of protein phosphorylation, with special reference to the analysis of consensus sequences of protein kinases and the development of peptide substrates for the specific monitoring of individual members of this family of enzymes. In this field he has published more than 290 original pepers and a number of review articles in international journals. Over the last years he has provided major contributions to the molecular and structural enzymology of protein kinases implicated in cell fate decision and in the development of inhibitors of one of these enzymes. The co-Editor (P.T.W. Cohen) is an authority in the field of protein phosphatases.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication04/10/2004
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleHandbook of Experimental Pharmacology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 167
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note17 black & white tables, biography
- Weight951 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byLorenzo A. Pinna
- Volume editorPatricia T.W. Cohen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.