Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $169.12
- AU $26.00Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $50.01Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.20Trending at AU $44.77
About this product
- DescriptionIt's the last Monday in September. For sophomore girls at Moreland High, it's the most important day of their lives. They rush to their lockers and hope to find that one-of-a-kind invitation to the Sapphires Social Club. For the lucky few who are chosen, there is the promise of popularity and high school fame if they complete initiation. Queenie, a cheerleader with a basketball star boyfriend, believes that being a Sapphire is her destiny. Taylor, a tennis player, is a reluctant participant in a bet that she can't complete initiation. Chanel, an hor student from a low-income neighborhood, is looking to secure her status among Moreland's rich kids. Anna Maria, who is struggling to lose weight, sees the Sapphires as a way for her peers to accept her. The girls soon discover that the Sapphires Social Club is different from their expectations. Ultimately, they will have to decide if being a Sapphire is worth the total price of admission.
- Author BiographyNicole J. Knight is an educator and multi-genre author. She is a proud graduate of Xavier University of Louisiana, where she majored in English and minored in Spanish. She is a successful educator, and has been recognized as a campus Teacher of the Year and as a finalist for Teacher of the Year in her school district. Her experience educating tweens and teenagers is one of the reasons she decided to focus on young adult fiction. Her first young adult full-length manuscript, Sapphires Social Club: Initiation, explores the lives of four teenage girls vying for a spot on their high school's most popular social club. Most recently, she completed three manuscript outlines for a Canadian publisher. The outlines resulted in three published novels about the ins-and-outs of high school cheerleading. Currently, Nicole resides in North Texas, where she is hard at work on her next manuscript.
- Author(s)Nicole J Knight
- PublisherBrown Girls Books, LLC
- Date of Publication03/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrown Girls Books, LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.