All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree years ago, I gave up my dream job as a senior writer at one of the most storied institutions in journalism, The Wall Street Journal. My job was longer a dream, at least t for me. So begins one of 19 original stories in Ink Stained, by the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism's Class of 1992. With datelines from Estonia to the Gulf Coast during Hurricane Katrina, from Peru to Chechnya during bloody conflicts, Ink Stained is a vivid snapshot of what's changed and what hasn't in the news business since the class graduated, possibly the most revolutionary 20 years in journalism. Ink Stained is also an examination of some of the challenges facing journalists. The Turkish government pressures a bureau chief from Turkey to tone down his stories; a town run by drug traffickers and guerrillas who killed the last gringo reporter to visit spook a foreign correspondent; and a journalism professor refuses to compromise ideals to appease administrators critical of a student newspaper.
- Author BiographyThe co-editors, JJ Hornblass, Michele Turk and Tom Vogel and the 16 other contributors of stories to Ink Stained are graduates of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Class of 1992 and have spent their professional careers in media.
- Author(s)Jj Hornblass,Michele Turk,Tom Vogel
- PublisherInk Stains Press LLC
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInk Stains Press LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight200 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.95
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.