All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionInkjet printing on fabric is a highly popular technique, due t least to the accessibility of the basic materials: desktop PCs and printers. There is strong interest from both textile artists and creative quilters, but the technical equipment can be an obstacle for many practitioners who have little or IT skills. Inkjet Printing on Fabric will address these issues, and will guide textile practitioners to become confident textile printers, teaching them how to use their IT equipment as a printing tool as well as a design tool. Much of the work featured in this book requires in-depth specialist skills and highlights taking an experimental approach to using desktop techlogy, including step-by-step digital imaging techniques, and a demonstration of the use of specialist printing papers and mediums. Embracing techlogy in textile practice gives endless possibilities for developing new working methods and adapting traditional techniques. Inkjet Printing on Fabric brings these possibilities within the grasp of those with little or specialist print studio facilities, and means that techniques that were once the domain of professional artists are w accessible to everyone.
- Author BiographyWendy Cotterill runs regular workshops for quilters and textile artists on how to use creative computer software. She has a BA in Fine Art, and is a qualified teacher. Wendy has twenty years' experience of teaching fashion, textiles and computing to adults, runs an online shop and blog, and is also the author of Spunbonded Textile and Stitch (2011), and Lutradur and the New Fibers (2011).
- Author(s)Wendy Cotterill
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication23/10/2014
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Series TitleTextiles Handbooks
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Visual Arts
- Content Note150 colour images
- Weight360 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.