All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGo back in time to learn more about the Spanish missionaries who came to California in the 1700s and how the mission system shaped Californias history. Each book in this series examines a region of California that was greatly influenced by missions. Missions introduced in Inland Valleys Missions in California include San Antonio de Padua, San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, Nuestra Seora de la Soledad, and San Miguel Arcngel. In this book, youll learn about: the Native Americans living in the Inland Valley area before missionaries arrived; why missionaries chose this area and what happened when they arrived; how the missionaries designed and built the missions; what daily life was like at the missions; what happened to cause the end of each mission; and what the missions look like today. This series also includes California Mission Projects and Layouts, which provides directions for creating models of missions. Get ready for Exploring California Missions!
- Author(s)Pauline Brower
- PublisherLerner Classroom
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleExploring California Missions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLerner Classroom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width211 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.