Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionAs the ecomies of western countries move from primarily resource-based to kwledge-based, and trade liberalization limits what governments can do through direct action, the landscape of invation is changing and policymakers must react accordingly. This exciting new book examines the challenges that policy makers face in responding to a new environment. The book addresses how governments are w seeking to drive invation through new forms of R&D policies, through public procurement, skills development, entrepreneurship and invation culture to name but a few of the approaches. Invation Policy Challenges for the 21st Century explores these and other contemporary issues in invation, reviewing the state of the art literature and consolidating current thinking at the frontiers of invation. The volume debates and presents scattered and anymous material in a coherent way, with a particular focus is on 'hot topics' in the field of invation studies that have been previously under-researched. The book is divided into four key themes: government as a key actor in the invation process, entrepreneurs as invators, skills and competences required to maintain and improve invation performance in Europe and finally, the wider context in which invation policy develops.
- Author BiographyDeborah Cox is a Research Fellow at the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research at the University of Manchester, UK. John Rigby is a Senior Research Fellow at the Manchester Institute of Innovation Research at the University of Manchester, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byDeborah Cox,John Rigby
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.