All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.06Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionIn an increasingly techlogically-led century the striking pattern emerging in firms' invative activities is their competition for a techlogical leadership position in situations best described as races. A 'race' is an interactive pattern characterized by firms constantly trying to get ahead of their rivals, or trying t to fall too far behind. In high techlogy industries, where customers are willing to pay a premium for advanced techlogy, leadership translates into increasing returns in the market through positive network externalities. Invation, Techlogy and Hypercompetition synthesizes and unifies the various methodological approaches for the industry-specific analysis of fast changing competitive positions driven by relentless invation (hypercompetition). Game-theoretic and agent-based tools are applied to competitive industries in various market settings and in a global context. Rivalry of this sort is seen to extend to the catching up and forging ahead of regions and nations. In this revealing volume, Hans-Werner Gottinger brings his expert eye to this issue and employs various tools from ecomic theory to attain this end. He provides the behavioural foundations for what is driving globalization, in this, a volume of interest to academic ecomists, legal experts, management consultants and practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyHans-Werner Gottinger is at Kwansei Gakuin University, Sanda-Kobe, Japan.
- Author(s)Hans-Werner Gottinger
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2009
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.