Innovation That Fits: Moving Beyond the Fads to Choose the Right Innovation Strategy for Your Business by Jeffrey Wager, Donald Debethizy, Michael Lord (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $6.50 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by alimbrown
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation is more urgently necessary than it's ever been. Now, three leading experts on commercializing invation systematically sort through the wreckage of yesterday's strategies, learning lessons and identifying ideas worth preserving and adapting. To prepare this book, the authors thoroughly examined the record of more than 250 invation programs from organizations of widely differing sizes and industries, from 1998 through 2003. Based on this unprecedented research, they reveal the right time to use each invation 'arrow', how to account for contingencies and risks; and how to focus on core invation challenges -- t just superficial symptoms. Along the way, the authors define a focused, integrated model for invation: one that is more nuanced and complex, but also better-grounded, more durable, and far more effective.
- Author BiographyMichael Lord is Director of the Flow Institute and Associate Professor of Strategy and International Business at Wake Forest University, where he teaches strategy and entrepreneurship in the full-time and executive MBA programs at the Babcock Graduate School of Management. Dr. Lord's research and consulting work focuses on new venture creation, high-tech acquisitions and spinouts, and global venturing. His work on innovation has been featured in a variety of academic and practitioner outlets, including the Harvard Business Review, and he serves as an advisor on innovation strategy to a diverse group of companies, both large and small. Donald deBethizy is founder, president, and chief executive officer of Targacept, Inc. Using new computational drug discovery technologies and focusing on novel biological targets, Targacept is developing therapies for numerous central nervous system disorders such as ADHD, Alzheimer's, anxiety, depression, and pain. Targacept was spun out of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco in 2000, raising record levels of first- and second-round venture financing along the way. For his leadership in founding Targacept, Ernst & Young recognized Dr. deBethizy as an Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year in 2002. Jeffrey Wager is founder and managing member of CPP Advisors, an innovation-focused advisory and consulting firm. CPP structures and facilitates strategic transactions to support clients' innovation commercialization needs, including venture investments, licensing deals, partnerships, M&A, and spinouts. Dr. Wager's advisory and consulting practice focuses on the life sciences and spans the U.S., Europe, and Japan. Previously, he led due diligence and investment management activities for leading venture firms in the U.S. and Japan. Dr. Wager continues to serve as an advisor or board member for many of the organizations he has advised or helped found. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Donald Debethizy,Jeffrey Wager,Michael Lord
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication08/02/2005
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight372 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.