All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation and Entrepreneurship provides a very practical and thoroughly researched introduction to invation and entrepreneurship. It incorporates the core theme of entrepreneurship within the fabric of invation and is complemented by a broad range of new case studies across many different industries. The text covers the latest core information about invation and the disciplined and systematic approach that has led successful invative companies to their market leading positions and to achieve business success. This is blended with the entrepreneurship aspects of activity that lead to invation, often in smaller firms and in niches of larger organisations. It provides a systematic breakdown of systematic invation capabilities and both detailed case studies and mini cases of invative companies and of entrepreneurs for students and business people to learn from.
- Author BiographyProfessor Danny Samson began his professional life as a chemical engineer working in a multinational company and then completed a PhD in management. He has been Professor of Management at the University of Melbourne since 1998, serving also there as Head of Department and Associate Dean. He has published over 100 research papers and a dozen books covering many aspects of management. His research covers fields from decision theory to supply chain and innovation management. He has consulted widely to executives in banking, insurance, manufacturing, construction, transport, and numerous other industries. He has served as Associated Editor for the most prestigious journal in his field, and has been a judge of numerous industry awards, having won such awards himself, as well as research best paper and teaching excellence awards in Australia, the USA and Europe. He is well known as an executive educator, having developed and conducted dozens of executive programs and keynote addresses. Dr Marianne Gloet is a Research Fellow in the Department of Management and Marketing at Melbourne University. She holds a PhD is from Melbourne University in the field of knowledge management and innovation, and is widely published in the areas of knowledge management, human resource management, innovation and information systems. Marianne has lived and worked in Australia, Canada, the U.S., Malaysia, Hong Kong, Vietnam and the United Arab Emirates, holding senior positions in both the academic and private sectors. Marianne also consults widely to a range of private and public organisations both in Australia and abroad. As President of her own startup in Canada, Marianne held dealerships for Atari and Texas Instruments computer products in North America and pioneered the manufacture of specialised computer keyboards for use by the disabled.
- Author(s)Danny Samson,Marianne Gloet
- PublisherOxford University Press Australia
- Date of Publication09/11/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintOUP Australia and New Zealand
- Weight1380 g
- Width207 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.