Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAmy Ione's Invation and Visualization is the first in detail account that relates the development of visual images to invations in art, communication, scientific research, and techlogical advance. Integrated case studies allow Ione to put aside C.P. Sw's two culture framework in favor of cross-disciplinary examples that refute the science/humanities dichotomy. The themes, which range from cognitive science to illuminated manuscripts and media studies, will appeal to specialists (artists, art historians, cognitive scientists, etc.) interested in comparing our image saturated culture with the environments of earlier eras. The scope of the examples will appeal to the generalist.
- Author BiographyAmy Ione is currently the Director of The Diatrope Institute, a California-based group that disseminates information and engages in research exploring art, science and visual studies. She has published extensively on art, science and technology relationships. Ione's artwork has been exhibited extensively in the United States and Europe, and is found in many collections.
- Author(s)Amy Ione
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleConsciousness, Literature and the Arts
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintEditions Rodopi B.V.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width15 mm
- Height22 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.