All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation - the process of obtaining, understanding, applying, transforming, managing and transferring kwledge - is a result of human collaboration, but it has become an increasingly complex process, with a growing number of interacting parties involved. Lack of invation is t necessarily caused by lack of techlogy or lack of will to invate, but often by social and cultural forces that jeopardize the cognitive processes and prevent potential invation. This book focuses on the rule of social capital in the process of invation: the social networks and the rms; values and attitudes (such as trust) of the actors; social capital as both bonding and bridging links between actors; and social capital as a feature at all spatial levels, from the single inventor to the transnational corporation. Contributors from a wide variety of countries and disciplines explore the cultural framework of invation through empirics, case studies and examination of conceptual and methodological dilemmas.
- Author BiographyFrane Adam is Head of the Research Centre at the Institute for Developmental and Strategic Analyses (IRSA), Ljubljana, Slovenia; Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia; and Professor at the School of Advanced Social Studies, Nova Gorica, Slovenia. Hans Westlund is Professor at KTH (Royal Institute of Technology), Stockholm, Sweden; JIBS (Jonkoping International Business School), Jonkoping, Sweden; and IRSA (Institute for Developmental and Strategic Analyses), Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/01/2013
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Series Part/Volume Number84
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byFrane Adam,Hans Westlund
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.60New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.