All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInvation in Wind Turbine Design addresses the fundamentals of design, the reasons behind design choices, and describes the methodology for evaluating invative systems and components. Always referencing a state of the art system for comparison, Jamieson discusses the basics of wind turbine theory and design, as well as how to apply existing engineering kwledge to further advance the techlogy, enabling the reader to gain a thorough understanding of current techlogy before assessing where it can go in the future. Invation in Wind Turbine Design is divided into four main sections covering design background, techlogy evaluation, design themes and invative techlogy examples: *Section 1 reviews aerodynamic theory and the optimization of rotor design, discusses wind energy conversion systems, drive trains, scaling issues, offshore wind turbines, and concludes with an overview of techlogy trends with a glimpse of possible future techlogy *Section 2 comprises a global view of the multitude of design options for wind turbine systems and develops evaluation methodology, including cost of energy assessment with some specific examples *Section 3 discusses recurrent design themes such as blade number, pitch or stall, horizontal or vertical axis *Section 4 considers examples of invative techlogy with case studies from real-life commercial clients. This groundbreaking sypsis of the state of the art in wind turbine design is must-have reading for professional wind engineers, power engineers and turbine designers, as well as consultants, researchers and academics working in renewable energy.
- Author BiographyPeter Jamieson, Principal Engineer, Special Projects Department, Garrad Hassan & Partners Ltd., Edinburgh, Scotland Peter Jamieson has been in the wind industry since 1980, and with Garrad Hassan since 1991 as a founding founder member of their Scottish office. He was previously with James Howden of Glasgow who manufactured wind turbines from 1980 1988. He currently heads the Special Projects department in Garrad Hassan with involvement in innovative designs of wind turbine and component developments. He is also involved in technology review for government, wind industry and commercial organisations. He has authored circa 30 published papers on wind energy topics, as well as magazine articles, and authored much of the technological content for the EWEA (European Wind Energy Association) publication Wind Energy: The Facts. He holds a number of patents on wind turbine rotor technology.
- Author(s)Peter Jamieson
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- SubjectEnergy Technology & Electrical Engineering
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width173 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.