Innovative Assessment in Higher Education by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $60.51Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThroughout higher education assessment is changing, driven by increased class size, changing curricula and the need to support students better. At the same time assessment regulations and external quality assurance demands are constraining assessment options, driven by worries about standards, reliability and plagiarism. Invative Assessment in Higher Education explores the difficulty of changing assessment in sometimes unhelpful contexts. Topics discussed include: * problems with traditional assessment methods * rationales behind different kinds of invation in assessment * complex assessment contexts in which teachers attempt to invate * invation in assessment within a range of academic settings * theoretical and empirical support for invations within higher education. More than a 'how to do it' manual, this book offers a unique mix of useful pragmatism and scholarship. A vital resource for higher education teachers and their educational advisors, it provides a fundamental analysis of the role and purpose of assessment and how change can be managed without compromising standards.
- Author BiographyCordelia Bryan is a freelance higher education consultant. She has led four successful UK Higher Education projects, is a registered practitioner of the Higher Education Academy, and is an external evaluator for several FDTL 5 projects. She also co-edited Speaking your Mind in Longman's Speak-Write series and has lectured and published widely on educational development within higher education. Dr Karen Clegg is Director of the Graduate Training Unit within Professional and Organisational Development at the University of York. She is also a registered practitioner of the HE Academy and an external consultant for Oxford Centre for Staff and Learning Development. Previously, Karen worked as an Academic Developer for the UK Centre for Legal Education at the University of Warwick.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2006
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoutledge Falmer
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 14 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byCordelia Bryan,Karen Clegg
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.