All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis second decade of the millennium finds the world changing at a once unimaginable pace. Businesses, tangled in the interwoven threads of galloping globalization, techlogical advances, cultural diversity, ecomic recession and deep-rooted human social evolution, struggle to keep up with incessant changes; consequently and inexorably experiencing severe difficulties and disorientation. Executives, much bewildered, habitually turn to conventional, time-houred strategies and practices, which increasingly fail to offer the much-sought answers and means to survival, competitiveness and growth. We are currently experiencing a business era of turbulence and dynamic change - an era that inherently rejects conventionality and orthodox business theory to reward businesses embracing agility, reflex-style adaptability, invation and creativity. This turbulence is, however, t a parenthesis or even a pattern, but the new reality in which each business must reinvent and redefine itself. This is a new reality of stakeholders that shift focus from the external to the internal, from the tangible to the intangible, and from fact to perception. This book presents research and paradigms that transcend classical theory in order to examine how business practice is positively affected by these conditions. Across a multitude of sectors and organisational types, scholars of different business specialisations set the theoretical foundations of contemporary thinking and present their practical implementations.
- Author BiographyDr Demetris Vrontis is a Professor of Marketing, and Dean and Director at the University of Nicosia, Cyprus. Dr Vrontis is the Editor-in-Chief of the EuroMed Journal of Business and the President of the EuroMed Research Business Institute. His prime research interests are in strategic marketing planning, branding, marketing communications and wine marketing, areas in which he has widely published and consulted. Dr Alkis Thrassou is an Associate Professor at the School of Business at the University of Nicosia, Cyprus. He holds a PhD from the University of Leeds, UK, and is a Chartered Marketer, a Chartered Builder and an EMRBI Research Fellow. He has published dozens of prominent scientific works and retains strong industry ties.
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight680 g
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAlkis Thrassou,Demetris Vrontis
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition Statement1st Unabridged
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.