All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionJacquard fabrics feature intricately woven designs. Through the use of digital techlogy, new design concepts, principles and methods for producing jacquard fabrics have been established, facilitating the creation of a range of vel effects. Invative jacquard textile design using digital techlogies is a unique guide to the fundamental design principles, techniques and applications resulting from this important development. Beginning with an introduction to jacquard textile design, the book goes on to give an overview of the development of jacquard fabrics and textile design methods. The principles and methods of digital jacquard textile design are considered, followed by a chapter on structural digital design. Subsequent chapters cover the digital design of colourless and colourful jacquard textiles, and the use of vel simulative effects, shot effects and double-face effects in jacquard textiles. A review of the applications of digitally designed jacquard textiles is then presented before the book concludes with a discussion of current issues and future trends in digital jacquard textile design. With its distinguished authors, Invative jacquard textile design using digital techlogies is an authoritative guide for all those looking to employ this exciting techlogy in their work, including designers and product developers in the textile, interior and apparel industries, and academics interested in this field.
- Author BiographyDr Frankie Ng is Associate Professor at the Institute of Textiles and Clothing of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China. A respected specialist in the field, Dr Ng has published widely in this area and also holds design and technology patents and awards. Professor Jiu Zhou is Chair Professor of Textile Design and Head of the Textile Department at the College of Materials and Textiles, Zhejiang Sci-Tech University, China. He has more than 20 years of academic research experience in the field of textile design and has published over 50 papers and patents related to textile design.
- Author(s)Frankie Ng,Jiu Zhou
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication26/02/2013
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Series Part/Volume Number145
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight670 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.