All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- DescriptionTroy Townsend's thesis explores the structure, energetics and activity of three irganic nacrystal photocatalysts. The goal of this work is to investigate the potential of metal oxide nacrystals for application in photocatalytic water splitting, which could one day provide us with clean hydrogen fuel derived from water and solar energy. Specifically, Townsend's work addresses the effects of co-catalyst addition to niobium oxide natubes for photocatalytic water reduction to hydrogen, and the first use of iron oxide 'rust' in nacrystal suspensions for oxygen production. In addition, Townsend studies a nickel/oxide-strontium titanate nacomposite which can be described as one of only four nascale water splitting photocatalysts. He also examines the charge transport for this system. Overall, this collection of studies brings relevance to the design of irganic namaterials for photocatalytic water splitting while introducing new directions for solar energy conversion.
- Author BiographyMy interest in energy and the environment sparked during my undergraduate career where I received double degrees in biology and chemistry with honors from St. Mary's College of Maryland. After teaching chemistry at the Kiski school in Pennsylvania and motivated to pursue solar research, I joined Frank Osterloh's photocatalyst group at the University of California, Davis. Supported by a NSF graduate research fellowship, I published and collaborated on several articles elucidating the photo-electrochemical properties of nanomaterials. Currently, I hold a post-doc at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory, where I design and build spray-on photovoltaic devices for naval applications.
- Author(s)Troy K. Townsend
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- Series TitleSpringer Theses
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 17 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight254 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.