All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsitol, in its native or lipid derived forms, serves as a master building block which, when phosphorylated, leads to the construction of more than 30 unique isomeric forms that are employed in vital but diverse regulatory roles in cells. In Isitol Phosphates and Lipids: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers introduce the basic methodological tools to measure isitol lipids and phosphates and also describe new approaches that have become available in the last 10 years, including RNA-silencing and the use of fluorescently labeled PH-domains to measure isitides in real-time in live cells, new sensitive methods to measure mass of both phosphates and lipids, as well as protocols involving isitol pyrophosphates. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tes sections, detailing tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Isitol Phosphates and Lipids: Methods and Protocols compiles many of the techniques that underscore phosphorylated isitol cell biology in one convenient guide.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication27/05/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 645
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note54 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables, biography
- Weight657 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChris J. Barker
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.