All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCoronial Law is an area that attracts great public scrutiny, reflected in the recent establishment of the office of the Chief Coroner, and the number of Judges of the High Court and the Court of Appeal made deputy assistant coroners to particularly sensitive inquests. It is also an area of law that has changed significantly in recent years since the new Coroners and Justice Act 2009 came into force in 2013. This book provides practitioners with an up-to-date and comprehensive guide to the law of coroners and inquests. Written by barristers practising in the field, it addresses changes to the structure and jurisprudence of coroners' courts in a straightforward, accessible manner. The book is helpfully structured according to the elements of an inquest or the subject matter of a coroner's investigation. Each chapter provides an overview of the legal issues, statutory material and other sources of guidance, followed by case summaries and extracts where the relevant issues are discussed. In addition, there are useful appendices of relevant materials, including applicable legislation and the Chief Coroner's Guidance. The book is an essential companion for practitioners of coronial law, indispensable to vices and seasoned practitioners alike.
- Author BiographyCaroline Cross is a barrister at 1 Crown Office Row. Sir Neil Garnham is a High Court judge sitting in the Queen's Bench Division.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2015
- ImprintHart Publishing
- Weight1385 g
- Width171 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byCaroline Cross,Neil Garnham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.