Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.25+ AU $1.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the book: One day in Zurich, I watched a woman being interviewed. She sat in a wheelchair because she was elderly and feeble. She said that she was dead for she had lost her heart. The psychiatrist asked her to place her hand over hery breast to feel her heart beating: it must still be there if she could feel its beat. 'That, ' she said, 'is t my real heart.' She and the psychiatrist looked at each other. There was thing more to say. Like the primitive who has lost his soul, she had lost the loving courageous connection to life - and that is the real heart.........I believe the primative and the woman in the hospital: we can and do lose our souls. I believe with Jung that each of us is 'modern man in search of a soul.' From the Author's new Postscript: Maybe the soul isn't lost; it's just elsewhere, otherwise engaged. Maybe it's more involved with the way of the world than with your path of individuation. Maybe it's t too concerned with human relationships, human moods, human personality development. From the evidence of archaic peoples and ancient philosophies, soul was never altogether in the human arena. But its absence from that arena doesn't mean that it's lost.Why are we numb to the soul in things other than ourselves? Why are we dumb to speak to and with this soul out there? Is it really lost, or fiercely defended against? What investment has our culture in its locus only inside us, and is 'search' with all its collaterals like 'journey, ' 'trials, ' and 'guides' the right term for reestablishing connection? Might it t be far simpler just to step outside, or walk around your room, and do what the Psalmist said: 'O taste and see.'Soul is in, or is, the very first matter to hand.
- Author BiographyThe pioneering imaginative psychology of James Hillman that soon will span five decades has entered cultural history, affecting lives and minds in a wide range of fields. For the creativity of his thinking, the originator of Archetypal Psychology and author of A Terrible Love of War; The Soul's Code; and The Force of Character has received many honors, including the Medal of the Presidency of the Italian Republic. He has held distinguished lectureships at Yale, Princeton, Chicago, and Syracuse Universities, and his books have been translated into some twenty languages. The American public showed its appreciation of his approach to psychology by placing his book, The Soul's Code, at the top of the bestseller list of serious works of nonfiction. Of his many books, Spring Publications has published Anima, Loose Ends, Archetypal Psychology: A Brief Account, Pan and the Nightmare, Suicide and the Soul, Insearch, Oedipus Variations (with Karl Kerenyi), The Thought of the Heart and the Soul of the World, Inter Views, and Lectures on Jung's Typology (with Marie-Louise von Franz). He lives in Connecticut.
- Author(s)James Hillman
- PublisherSpring Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/11/1994
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Series TitleJungian Classics S.
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.2
- Place of PublicationWoodstock, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpring Publications,U.S.
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.