All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCombining breadth of coverage with detail, this logical and cohesive introduction to insect ecology couples concepts with a broad range of examples and practical applications. It explores cutting-edge topics in the field, drawing on and highlighting the links between theory and the latest empirical studies. The sections are structured around a series of key topics, including behavioral ecology; species interactions; population ecology; food webs, communities and ecosystems; and broad patterns in nature. Chapters progress logically from the small scale to the large; from individual species through to species interactions, populations and communities. Application sections at the end of each chapter outline the practicality of ecological concepts and show how ecological information and concepts can be useful in agriculture, horticulture and forestry. Each chapter ends with a summary, providing a brief recap, followed by a set of questions and discussion topics designed to encourage independent and creative thinking.
- Author BiographyPeter W. Price is Regents' Professor Emeritus in the Department of Biological Sciences at Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff. Robert F. Denno (1945-2008) was Professor in the Entomology Department at the University of Maryland for more than twenty years. Micky D. Eubanks is Associate Professor of Insect Ecology in the Department of Entomology at Texas A&M University. Deborah L. Finke is Assistant Professor of Entomology in the Division of Plant Sciences at the University of Missouri. Ian Kaplan is Assistant Professor in the Department of Entomology at Purdue University, Indiana.
- Author(s)Deborah L. Finke,Ian Kaplan,Micky D. Eubanks,Peter W. Price,Robert F. Denno
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note259 b/w illus. 36 tables
- Weight1450 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine42 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.