All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmploying the clear, student-friendly style that made previous editions so popular, Insect Physiology and Biochemistry, Third Edition presents an engaging and authoritative guide to the latest findings in the dynamic field of insect physiology. The book supplies a comprehensive picture of the current state of the function, development, and reproduction of insects. Expanded and updated, this third edition continues to challenge conventional entomological wisdom with the latest research and analytical interpretations. It will appeal to undergraduate and graduate students and to working scientists in the biological sciences who need to possess a firm kwledge of the broad principles of insect physiology. See What's New in the Third Edition: * New chapters covering biological rhythms and insect symbioses * Adds references from the last several years to bring each chapter up to date * Provides new review and self-study questions that aid in distinguishing the most important information and concepts * References to websites where illustrative materials have been provided by scientists and contains approximately 2,600 citations * Twenty-four pages of color illustrations with new illustrations that emphasize genetic and molecular developments in insect biology * Update of the rapidly developing area of postembryonic development of insects, especially the role of the juvenile hormone in insect development While this edition provides new information and significant updates, it also maintains all the features that made previous editions so popular, such as citations that enable you to get to the primary literature easily and understand the thinking, experimentation, and techniques that have enabled the current understanding of the physiology of insects. And clear writing with technical terms explained in the text where they occur. With more than 250 illustrations to help explain physiological concepts and important anatomical details, the book remains the most easily accessible guide to key concepts in the field.
- Author BiographyJames L. Nation, Sr. Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus of entomology at the University of Florida, Gainesville. He holds a B.S. degree in entomology from Mississippi State University, Starkville, MS, and a Ph.D. in entomology from Cornell University, Ithaca, NY. His special interest in entomology is the physiology and biochemistry of insects. Prior to retirement in 2003, he taught and conducted research at the University of Florida for 43 years. Research activities included work in insect excretion, pheromones, cuticular hydrocarbons, and insect nutrition. He served as an associate editor of Florida Entomologist from 1967 to 1969, as an editor of Journal of Chemical Ecology from 1994 to 2000, and as editor of Florida Entomologist from 2004 to 2010.
- Author(s)James L. Nation
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication10/08/2015
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note261 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white tables
- Weight1406 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.