All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
- AU $43.81Free postage
- AU $48.06Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionInsects of South-Eastern Australia is a unique field guide that uses host plants and behavioural attributes as the starting point for identifying insects. Richly illustrated with colour photographs, the different species of insects found in Australia's temperate south-east, including plant feeders, predators, parasites and decomposers, are presented. The guide is complemented by an introduction to the insects of the region, including their environment, classification, life history, feeding strategies and behaviour. Fascinating boxes on camouflage, mimicry and many other topics are also included throughout.
- Author BiographyDr Roger Farrow was educated in England, where he developed a passion for insects and their ecology. After 6 years of research on locusts in Mali he moved to Australia in 1971 to join CSIRO. He spent the next 25 years studying locusts, insect migration and plant-feeding insects, resulting in the publication of more than 80 scientific papers. After retirement he joined the Canberra branch of the Australian Native Plant Society, studying and photographing insects on field trips as well as at his rural property in the foothills of the Tinderry Ranges, south of Canberra.
- Author(s)Roger Farrow
- PublisherCSIRO Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2016
- SubjectLife Sciences: Zoology
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintCSIRO Publishing
- Content Note894 colour photographs
- Weight578 g
- Width148 mm
- Height215 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.