Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionInside Full-Service Community Schools combines the on-site kwledge of school principal Sue Maguire, who has created a model full-service community school, with the deep experience and understanding of research-advocate Joy Dryfoos, who has tracked the development of these school transformation models across the country. The result is a highly practical, real-world guide with a unique local--national perspective. Topics include: - Getting started - Providing a range of services - Staffing: what works and what doesn't - Collaborating with the government and private sector - Involving parents - Overcoming barriers - Funding - Sustaining the school In this groundbreaking work, experts Dryfoos and Maguire share both personal and comparative models, examining the full spectrum of community schools in urban, suburban, and rural settings. The book is ideal for reformers, administrators, and anyone interested in the future of education in America.
- Author BiographyJoyG.Dryfoos, Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, is an independent consultant and writer partially supported by the Carnegie Corporation. She has written four books and more than 100 articles on programs related to adolescent behav-ior, prevention programs, school-based health clinics, and full-service commu-nity schools. In addition, Joy has served on the National Academy of Science's panels on teen pregnancy, high-risk youth, and comprehensive school health. She is a founding member of the Coalition for Community Schools and a senior consultant to the Public Education Network's Schools and Community Initiative. SueMaguire, North Bennington, Vermont, has been an educator since 1977, a teacher for 15 years, and an administrator for 10 years. She is currently the principal at Molly Stark School in Bennington, Vermont, and is an adjunct instructor in graduate administration courses at Massachusetts College of Lib-eral Arts in North Adams. She lives with her husband, Greg, and their two chil-dren, Chris and Kara.
- Author(s)Joy G. Dryfoos,Sue Maguire
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication05/07/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight816 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.