All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne powerful taboo that still remains in our literature today is the taboo against discussing our most central daily experience: working for a living.
Poet and editor Tom Wayman believes that with the recent appearance of a new kind of work writing we have begun at last to see the end of this limitation. In his essays gathered in Inside Job Wayman considers this new fiction, poetry and drama and argues that the new writing will change t only the literature of the future but also what we value from the literature of the past. Wayman demonstrates as well how the new work writing differs from 1930s-style socialist realism.
Inside Job shows for the first time why an accurate presentation of our work will be increasingly the subject our best authors choose in the 1980s and for generations to come. Inside Job includes a selected bibliography of recent work writing.
- Author(s)Tom Wayman
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/1983
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Weight141 g
- Width139 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.