Inside Network Perimeter Security by Karen Kent, Stephen Northcutt, Ronald W. Ritchey, Lenny Zeltser, Scott Winters (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.36+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $88.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSecurity professionals and administrators w have access to one of the most valuable resources for learning best practices for network perimeter security. Inside Network Perimeter Security, Second Edition is your guide to preventing network intrusions and defending against any intrusions that do manage to slip through your perimeter. This acclaimed resource has been updated to reflect changes in the security landscape, both in terms of vulnerabilities and defensive tools. Coverage also includes intrusion prevention systems and wireless security. You will work your way through fortifying the perimeter, designing a secure network, and maintaining and monitoring the security of the network. Additionally, discussion of tools such as firewalls, virtual private networks, routers and intrusion detection systems make Inside Network Perimeter Security, Second Edition a valuable resource for both security professionals and GIAC Certified Firewall Analyst certification exam candidates.
- Author BiographyStephen Northcutt is a graduate of Mary Washington College. Before entering the field of computer security, he worked as a Navy helicopter search and rescue crewman, whitewater raft guide, chef, martial arts instructor, cartographer, and network designer. Stephen is author/coauthor of Incident Handling Step-by-Step, Intrusion Signatures and Analysis, Inside Network Perimeter Security, 2nd Edition, IT Ethics Handbook, SANS Security Essentials, SANS Security Leadership Essentials, and Network Intrusion Detection, 3rd Edition. He was the original author of the Shadow Intrusion Detection System before accepting the position of Chief for Information Warfare at the Ballistic Missile Defense Organization. Stephen currently serves as Director of the SANS Institute. Lenny Zeltser's work in information security draws upon experience in system administration, software architecture, and business administration. Lenny has directed security efforts for several organizations, co-founded a software company, and consulted for a major financial institution. He is a senior instructor at the SANS Institute, having written and taught a course on reverse-engineering malware. Lenny is also a coauthor of books such as SANS Security Essentials and Malware: Fighting Malicious Code. He holds a number of professional certifications, including CISSP and GSE, and is an incident handler at SANS Internet Storm Center. Lenny has earned a bachelor of science in engineering degree from the University of Pennsylvania and a master in business administration degree from MIT. More information about Lenny's projects and interests is available at http://www.zeltser.com. Scott Winters has been working in all aspects of networking and computer security for over 14 years. He has been an Instructor, Network Engineer, and Systems Administrator and is currently employed as a Senior Consultant for Unisys at the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Enterprise Server Farm. He has SANS GIAC Firewalls and Incident Handling certifications, as well as MCSE, CNE, Cisco CCNP, CCDP, and other industry certifications. Other accomplishments include authoring and editing of SANS GIAC Training and Certification course content, as well as exam content. He was a primary author of the first edition of Inside Network Perimeter Security and a contributing author for SANS Security Essentials with CISSP CBK. He has also been involved in the SANS GIAC Mentoring program and has served on the SANS GCFW Advisory Board. Karen Kent is an Associate with Booz Allen Hamilton, where she provides guidance to Federal agencies on a broad range of information assurance concerns, including incident handling, intrusion detection, VPNs, log monitoring, and host security. Karen has earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from the University of Wisconsin-Parkside and a master's degree in computer science from the University of Idaho. She holds the CISSP certification and four SANS GIAC certifications. Karen has contributed to several books, including Intrusion Signatures and Analysis, published numerous articles on security, and coauthored several publications for the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), including NIST Special Publication 800-61: Computer Security Incident Handling Guide. Ronald W. Ritchey has an active interest in secure network design and network intrusion techniques. He gets to exercise this interest regularly by conducting penetration testing efforts for Booz Allen Hamilton, where he has had the opportunity to learn firsthand the real-world impact of network vulnerabilities. He is also an active researcher in the field with peer-reviewed publications in the area of automated network security analysis. Ronald has authored courses on computer security that have been taught across the country, and he periodically teaches graduate-level courses on computer security. Ronald holds a masters degree in computer science from George Mason University and is currently pursuing his P
- Author(s)Karen Kent,Lenny Zeltser,Ronald W. Ritchey,Scott Winters,Stephen Northcutt
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication04/03/2005
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSams Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1157 g
- Width177 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine40 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.