About this product
- DescriptionInside Out and Back Again is a New York Times bestseller, a Newbery Hor Book, and a winner of the National Book Award! Inspired by the author's childhood experience of fleeing Vietnam after the Fall of Saigon and immigrating to Alabama, this coming-of-age debut vel told in verse has been celebrated for its touching child's-eye view of family and immigration.For all the ten years of her life, Ha has only kwn Saigon: the thrills of its markets, the joy of its traditions, and the warmth of her friends close by. But w the Vietnam War has reached her home. Ha and her family are forced to flee as Saigon falls, and they board a ship headed toward hope. In America, Ha discovers the foreign world of Alabama: the coldness of its strangers, the dullness of its food . . . and the strength of her very own family. This moving story of one girl's year of change, dreams, grief, and healing received four starred reviews, including one from Kirkus which proclaimed it enlightening, poignant, and unexpectedly funny. An author's te explains how and why Thanhha Lai translated her personal experiences into Ha's story.Supports the Common Core State Standards
- Author(s)Thanhha Lai
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers
- Weight358 g
- Width150 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.