All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVictory Boogie Woogie, Mondrian's unfinished masterpiece created in 1942-44, has come to be regarded as t merely the high point of his oeuvre, but also as a dazzling icon of n-figurative art in the twentieth century. Although Mondrian did t live to give the painting its title, it is kwn that he regarded it as a development of his earlier work, Broadway Boogie Woogie. The work was acquired by the Dutch government in 1998 and has since been on permanent loan at the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague. Despite its landmark status in art history, Victory Boogie Woogie has never been studied in detail. This pioneering survey tracks the minute detail of the creation and physical appearance of the painting, delving into historical sources, conservation history and microscopic analysis of the paint surface and below.
- Author BiographyMaarten van Bommel is senior scientist at the Netherlands Cultural Heritage Agency. Hans Janssen is chief conservator of modern art at the Gemeentemuseum in The Hague. Ron Spronk is professor of art history at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario and at the Radboud Universiteit, Nijmegen.
- PublisherAmsterdam University Press
- Date of Publication26/01/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleRCE Publications
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintAUP Popular Science
- Content Note188 colour 1 black and white illustrations
- Weight1395 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byHans Janssen,Maarten van Bommel,Ron Spronk,Saskia Wieringa
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.