Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book of original case studies allows students in interpersonal and relational communication classes to engage with creative stories about lives and relationships, helping them understand how communication processes work. Written in literary format-essays, short stories, scripts, photographs, poetry-these 27 brief case studies by communication researchers allow students to see the workings of relationship management, friendship, disclosure, gender, family interaction, and other key topics in relational communication. Faulkner's introduction to each section provides the basic pedagogical content to give context and meaning to the cases that follow. Questions for discussion, activities, and additional resources end each case to help guide the student.
- Author BiographySandra L. Faulkner is an Associate Professor of Communication at Bowling Green State University, USA. Her teaching and research interests include qualitative methodology, poetic inquiry, and the relationships between culture, ethnic/sexual identities, and sexual talk in close relationships. She has published research in journals such as Qualitative Health Research and Journal of Social and Personal Relationships, and in her book Poetry as Method: Reporting Research through Verse with Left Coast. Her poetry has appeared in Qualitative Inquiry, Women & Language, and Northwoods, and her chapbook,Hello Kitty Goes to College, was published by dancing girl press.
- PublisherLeft Coast Press Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2013
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationWalnut Creek
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLeft Coast Press Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited bySandra L. Faulkner
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.