All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscussions about belief and n-belief usually end up, time and time again, in the concept of religion, but in this book the author has started from the premise that we need to separate the concept of God, from the tion of human institutions and organized religion. The real issue, he argues, is that the concept of God is poorly explored by believers, and greatly explored by n-believers, when in reality should be the opposite. As religious people grow up in religious environments, at some point God becomes just a word without a definition, and people lose perspective of what they really mean when they say: I do believe in God. So, in this book he takes on straight on the concept of God, the nature of faith, the connection between God and religion, how worshipping has evolved and the actual possibility of morality in the absence of believe. As in his first book he has made every attempt to express his ideas in a simple, straight-forward manner, without being condescending to the believers and inviting them to learn about atheism and humanism without a push to stop believing. His only true objective is to promote reason and tolerance, and both believers and n-believers alike will find his work enticing, and thought-provoking. This book is the second (and last) in the Inside a Non-Believer's Mind series. On the first part (my Journey from Christianity to Freethinking), the author shared his ideas about the reasons to become a humanist and freethinker.
- Author BiographyFrancisco J. Miranda is not a scientist or a philosopher. He is an independent professional that was raised in a traditional Catholic society and through the years found his way into humanism and free-thinking. He was born and raised in South America. Although his primary language is Spanish, he has a passion for the English language. In Inside a Non-Believer's Mind he made every possible effort to communicate his thought as clearly as possible using the richness of English.
- Author(s)Francisco J Miranda
- Date of Publication20/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.