Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Library Journal Best Books of 2015 Pick A St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Books of 2015 PickA GoodReads Top Ten Fiction Book of 2015 A People Magazine Great Read From the New York Times bestselling author of Still Alice Lisa Geva comes a powerful and transcendent new vel about a family struggling with the impact of Huntington s disease. Joe O Brien is a forty-four-year-old police officer from the Irish Catholic neighborhood of Charlestown, Massachusetts. A devoted husband, proud father of four children in their twenties, and respected officer, Joe begins experiencing bouts of disorganized thinking, uncharacteristic temper outbursts, and strange, involuntary movements. He initially attributes these episodes to the stress of his job, but as these symptoms worsen, he agrees to see a neurologist and is handed a diagsis that will change his and his family s lives forever: Huntington s disease. Huntington s is a lethal neurodegenerative disease with treatment and cure. Each of Joe s four children has a 50 percent chance of inheriting their father s disease, and a simple blood test can reveal their genetic fate. While watching her potential future in her father s escalating symptoms, twenty-one-year-old daughter Katie struggles with the questions this test imposes on her young adult life. Does she want to kw? What if she s gene positive? Can she live with the constant anxiety of t kwing? As Joe s symptoms worsen and he s eventually stripped of his badge and more, Joe struggles to maintain hope and a sense of purpose, while Katie and her siblings must find the courage to either live a life at risk or learn their fate. Praised for writing that explores the resilience of the human spirit (The San Francisco Chronicle), Lisa Geva has once again delivered a vel as powerful and unforgettable as the human insights at its core.
- Author BiographyLisa Genova is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Love Anthony, Left Neglected, and Still Alice, which has been adapted into a film starring Julianne Moore.
- Author(s)Lisa Genova
- PublisherGallery Books
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallery Books
- Weight408 g
- Width147 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.90Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $74.56Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $19.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.